Monday, January 7, 2013

This quiet, grey January morning

Currently visiting my old stomping grounds of White Rock, and I awoke this morning acutely aware of the quiet stillness. No traffic, no loud groups on the sidewalk out front, a contrast to the West End downtown neighbourhood I live in now. This isn't a particularily sleepy town but a noticeably different vibe. Very nice. When I lived here I felt restless and bored with the stillness, but at the moment it seems appropriate. January is my least favorite month, as the weather is dreary and there's no holidays to look forward too. I've decided that I need a better relationship with January, to better appreciate that it stimulates introspection and thought instead of distraction and entertainment. Now for warm porridge and a second cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment